When your heart is looking for an ultimate urban adventure loaded with all sorts of plush facilities, get ready to visit Dubai.
This city is one of the best travel destinations in the world and treats its guests nothing less than royalty. What’s more, there are various destinations in and around Dubai worth exploring. The best way to do so is by car, whether that’s a standard car or one of Dubai’s luxury motors. So, lets take a look at How to Rent a Car in Dubai.
Dubai is the land of some of the finest roadways in the world. You would love to travel those beautiful roads by car. If you are really into driving, then Dubai is the best place to sit behind the wheel.
I can guess pretty well what your next question is going to be. How to get a car in Dubai when you’ve landed as a tourist?
In Dubai, you can get whichever car you are thinking of. Yes, you heard me right. Your dream to drive through those silky-smooth highways can become a hard reality if you choose to rent a car in Dubai.
- How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Car in Dubai?
- Average Fuel Costs in Dubai for 2021
- Car Rental Companies in Dubai
- Pros and Cons of Renting a Car in Dubai
- Renting a Car from Dubai Airport
- Renting a Car from Bur Dubai
- Luxury Car Rentals in Dubai
- Can I rent a car in Dubai with a UK licence?
- Can I rent a car in Dubai with a US licence?
- Can I rent a car in Dubai with an Indian licence?
How Much Does it Cost to Rent a Car in Dubai?
Travelling by car abroad is fun and Dubai takes good care of that. There is hardly something better to live a little more and experience the thrill of speed with a high-performance car during your Dubai stay. Even if you’ve never owned anything like a Mercedes, Audi, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini or Bentley; you can now enjoy a ride with them in Dubai.
Thanks to easy and simple car renting policies, car rentals will surely improve your Dubai trip in multiple ways. The prominent benefit is ‘more comfort with less hassle’. However, before you decide to take a car on rent, let’s check out the rental and fuel costs in Dubai.
Car rental price is highly fluctuating in Dubai as it is determined by the car model. If we quote an average car renting cost in Dubai, it will hover between 70 to 90 Dirhams a day. Remember the change in car model can change the cost significantly.
If your plan is to rent a luxury car in Dubai, then be ready to pay hefty. If you browse through the internet, you will have a fair idea of the luxury car rental prices in UAE.
Renting luxury car models like McLarens or a Bentley will cost you anything between 2000 – 3500 Dirhams per day. For Mercedes, you have to pay approximately AED 550 per day and the price can shoot up to AED 600 per day for hiring a Dodge.
The UAE is one of the largest fossil oil producers in the globe. So much so that you can expect cheaper rates of fuels here. Since the year 2015, UAE Ministry of Energy has been controlling fuel prices on a monthly basis. Therefore, you don’t have to face the burden of enquiring about the fuel price at every garage you stop at.
Average Fuel Costs in Dubai for 2021
|E-Plus 91 (for low compression engines)||1.72 AED||0.42 EUR|
|Special 95 (for medium compression engines)||1.80 AED||0.44 EUR|
|Super 98 (for high compression engines)||1.91 AED||0.47 EUR|
|Diesel||2.06 AED||0.51 EUR|
For a more specific fuel price, I would suggest to check online once you are all set to board your flight to Dubai.
Car Rental Companies in Dubai
Dubai is all about luxury. Everything you see around is made to make life amazing. Sporting a flashy car in Dubai is probably the most favourite thing that tourists love to do. To rent a car, you must keep a list of reliable and sought-after car rentals companies in Dubai.
If you don’t have any. Nothing to worry. We are here with a wisely curated list of some popular as well as reliable car rental companies from the city.
One Click Drive Dubai
It doesn’t matter what kind of car you are looking for; One Click Drive Dubai certainly has one for you. This one of the most reliable car rental companies from the city. The company is best known for its unmatched customer service and affordable deals.
They deal with all types of cars, each with great functionality. You can trust them blindfolded when it comes to safety, comfort and affordability. Click here to know more about them.
Platinum Luxury Cars
It’s quite hard to resist the temptation of owning a luxury car when you are in Dubai. Platinum Luxury Car understands this completely and that’s the reason they have curated their collection of luxury cars with the best-in-class car models.
Their exciting collection and undisputed customer service make them one of the best car rental companies in Dubai. You can connect with them for better deals online here.
Dollar Rent A Car
Dollar Rent A Car offers their services all across United Arab Emirates. Their impressive collection encircles a wide variety of cars to meet every need of tourists and businessmen.
You wouldn’t regret to choose Dollar Rent A Car as your car rental company while enjoying a blissful stay in Dubai. For offers, discounts and deals, visit their official website.
Thrifty Car Rental
This is one of the oldest car rental service providers in Dubai. This company has marked its towering presence in the sector with their immaculate customer service and a massive collection of cars.
If you are a teacher, then they will treat you with exclusive rates. That’s how they pay their tribute to this noble profession. Click here to see their car rental options.
Europcar Dubai is a sought-after car rental company in and around Dubai. This company is particularly known for offering great cars and unparalleled comfort at attractive prices.
They offer special discounts on international bookings. Furthermore, all their cars are equipped with Wi-Fi too!
Visit them at https://www.europcardubai.com/
These are just a few of the famous car rental companies in Dubai that you can rely upon to make exploring more fun and easy.
There are many other companies too which are equally versed at catering your transportation requirements of which some are listed below.
- Triphon Rent A Car
- National Car Rental
- Hertz Car Rental
- Budget Car and Van Rental
- Sixt Rent A Car
- Bettercar Rental
- Budget Rent A Car
- Avis UAE Rent A Car (L.L.C.)(Br)
- Auto Assist Rent A Car
- Fast Rent A Car – Dubai Airport
Pros and Cons of Renting a Car in Dubai
Dubai is undoubtedly the treasure trove of exotic and luxury cars. But don’t get too elated to focus on the good things of Dubai car rental services. Just like any other things in life, those beautiful cars come with a price tag paired with a few other liabilities.
I am here trying to portray a fair list of the pros and cons of hiring cars during your Dubai trip. Hopefully, this is going to help you with more than one way to make your mind.
- Dubai car rental offers exclusive services. A large number of people never secure their seat in a Bentley or a Lamborghini. But these car rental companies offer you this exclusive opportunity for a relatively small cost of booking.
- They are pretty cost-effective. The costs these companies charge against their cars are not at all inflated. In case, you decide to rent a mid-range luxury vehicle like BMW or Mustang or Mercedes-Benz then you can get an even better deal.
- You can expect well-maintained cars in impeccable form and functionality. It doesn’t matter which profession you are from or what type of car you need to match your social status, you will get the car in prime condition. These rental companies toil hard to clean their cars. The weather in Dubai also helps the preservation of the vehicles.
- Driving in Dubai may be slightly different from the driving scenario from your country. No need to panic. Car rental companies in Dubai offer their customers with preliminary driving tutorials. This helps the customers to have better control of the automobile while pushing the driving skill to the next level.
- Car rental in Dubai is a must if you want to plan your itinerary in your own way. When you have a dedicated vehicle to drive, you don’t have to depend on a hotel, travel agent or public transport to explore the destinations in and out.
- The first thing that you found overwhelming about Dubai car rental services is the additional insurance charge. As the vehicles are very expensive, rental companies try to safeguard them by purchasing insurance coverage against each of the cars. Most company will don’t hesitate to reject your hire if you are not ready to pay this extra money.
- If you are not that confident to drive the car after the initial crash course, it is quite obvious that you can damage the car during your ride. The saddest part is the cost of any sort of damage to the car caused by you has to be paid by you only. Sometimes this cost may pinch you hard on the pocket.
- Driving in Dubai is only advised for the experienced driver. The roads in Dubai are very fast and etiquette such as indicators are often non-existent!
Renting a Car from Dubai Airport
Dubai International airport is the main transport gateway to United Arab Emirates so there’s no wonder it has to deal with thousands of international passengers every day. More than 100 airlines operate from here and approximately 239 destinations are served regionally and globally from Dubai Airport.
As soon as you land at Dubai Airport, all major car rental services are available with their booking counters right there. You can spot most of the car rental desks in the arrival area of the airport. All three arrival terminals of Dubai International Airport are dotted with such car rental booking counters.
With plenty of choices, car rental services at Dubai Airport are very competitive and somewhat reasonable too. So, I will advise you to visit a few of the car rental desks to compare the price in order to crack a great deal.
Renting a Car from Bur Dubai
Bur Dubai is another hunting ground to catch the affordable car rental deals. Plenty of choices may puzzle you at first but you need not compromise with any of your requirement while renting a car from Bur Dubai. Smart bargaining is the key to get amazing deals. Don’t fall for the unbelievable cheap rates as they often lead to broken cars.
Before renting a car at Bur Dubai, you must check the insurance papers to understand how the company ensures your safety along with the car.
As we come to the end of this guide let us look at some of the most common questions posed by travellers looking to rent a car in Dubai.
Luxury Car Rentals in Dubai
Dubai gives you that rare opportunity to drive the most celebrated luxury brand cars in exchange for a moderate amount of money. Prestigious car brands that are available on rent include Bentley, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Mercedes, Porsche, Range Rover, BMW and Rolls Royce.
Hit the roads of Dubai with your favourite car by choosing a reliable Dubai luxury car rental service. Check out a list of the best luxury car rental companies in Dubai here.
Can I rent a car in Dubai with a UK licence?
UK driving licences are treated as an international licence in the UAE as per UAE law. So, if you are carrying a UK passport and your UK driving licence to Dubai, you can hire a car in Dubai by producing these documents to the rental companies.
Can I rent a car in Dubai with a US licence?
You are very much eligible to rent a car and drive it in United Arab Emirates as long as you have a US driving licence without a UAE resident visa. If you hold a UAE resident visa, then you need an IDP or a driving licence issued by UAE government.
Can I rent a car in Dubai with an Indian licence?
Unfortunately, you can’t rent a car or drive in Dubai with your Indian driving licence. You can’t even be treated as an additional driver with an Indian licence. You must secure an Emirates Driving Licence to rent a car in Dubai.
Renting a car in Dubai can prove fantastic fun, especially if your budget stretches to the luxury cars. In addition, renting a car gives you the freedom to explore when and where you want. The down sides to this are that Dubai is a busy and difficult city to drive in, plus you may miss the many fantastic views as you are concentrating on driving rather than window gazing.