Whether you’re living in Dubai, moving to Dubai, or looking to visit; our ultimate area guides to Dubai & Abu Dhabi have you covered. Today we take a look at the glamourous Emirates Hills, an up-market area not too far away from Dubai Marina. In this guide we cover it all, from House Prices & Local Attractions to Schools and Mosques.
Where is Emirates Hills in Dubai?
Emirates Hills is located to the south of Sheikh Zayed Road, close to Dubai Marina and Jebel Ali Race Course. The Emirates Hills Project was created by Emaar Properties and is a gated community offering high end living arrangements in a sort after area of Dubai.
Who Lives in Emirates Hills?
The Emirates Hills is a very upscale neighbourhood and contains some spectacular homes. As this locality reflects splendour and luxury simultaneously, it is obvious that only economically affluent families can afford to live here. The Emirates Hills attracts wealthy Arab nationals along with international expats. You can find many high-net-worth Indian expats residing here too.
Now let’s take a good look at the local amenities that comes with living amidst the swanky neighbourhood of Emirates Hills.
Schools and Universities
Emirates Hills gives you plenty of opportunities to nurture your kids and shape up their future with a good education. Dubai’s three leading schools are located pretty close to Emirates Hills:
- Raffles International School: This is an authorized school for the UK-based Cambridge Curriculum. The school offers education for Nursery to Secondary levels.
- Dubai British School: The school follows an extensive academic syllabus along with an equally extensive extracurricular activities programme. This is undeniably the best school in the area to get a perfect mix of academics and outdoor activities beyond the classroom.
- Dubai International Academy: This is the very first school in the UAE to offer a world-class curriculum backed by rigorous language programmes. Such curriculums are based on the Geneva International Baccalaureate Programme.
- Emirates International School Meadows: This is an independent school focusing on delivering excellent educational opportunities to children of age group 3 – 18 years.
- Gems Dubai American Academy: It offers education for kindergarten to grade 12.
- American School of Dubai: This is another eminent American school for grade kindergarten to grade 12.
There is no university option at Emirates Hills but you can find it at Knowledge Park which is just 15 minutes away from the community. Eminent universities near the Emirates Hills are:
- Michigan State University in Dubai
- University of Wollongong Dubai
- Middlesex University Dubai
Hospitals & Clinics
If you are looking for the best medical attention in and around the locality of Emirates Hills, then you won’t be disappointed. When it comes to offering top-notch healthcare facilities to the residents, Emirates Hills doesn’t fall behind. Although the community doesn’t have many hospitals or clinics, the neighbourhood has plenty of excellent options such as:
- Mediclinic Meadows: This is the closest multi-specialty clinic to Emirates Hills and is located at The Meadows. This private hospital is only a 10-minute drive from the community. It maintains a dedicated and large team of well-trained doctors and specialists to take care of any sort of ailment.
- Noor Al Shefa Clinic in The Springs: This is another one of the best places near Emirates Hills to treat your health problems. They offer updated medical services at affordable prices. From Emirates Hills, it takes just 12 minutes by car to reach the clinic.
- Saudi German Hospital Dubai: Located near Emirates Hills, this is one of the top medical facilities found in Dubai. Their medical care system strictly follows international standards and that’s why it never fails to meet patients’ medical needs. From Emirates Hills, it will take only 10 minutes to reach the hospital.
Mosques and Places of Worship
There is only one mosque in Emirates Hills and it is the beautiful Masood Naqvi sitting right at the heart of the community. This place is best known for its charming setup and pristine ambience. Visiting Masood Naqvi will surely bring you that peace of mind amidst tranquillity.
You can also visit several other mosques from The Meadows and The Springs including the following:
- Masjid Wahid in The Springs
- Masjid Al Wahhab in The Meadows
- Samad Mosque near The Meadows Souk
If you are looking for churches, gurdwaras and Hindu temples, then a number of nearby places are there to go in and around Emirates Hills. Indian families prefer to visit the Bur Dubai area to find a hoard of temples to offer their prayers. Prominent places of worship near the Emirates Hills community include:
- St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
- Nepalese Community Church
- Guru Nanak Darbar Gurudwara
- Shiva Temples and Krishna Temples in Bur Dubai area
When you are living in the Emirates Hills, you don’t have to worry about securing everyday essentials. The community of Dubai’s one of the most lavish community understands the needs of residents and a hoard of supermarkets can be spotted here. The wide variety of products in those supermarkets is quite enough to cater your needs for daily essentials including groceries:
- Spinnery: This popular supermarket chain has its stores both in The Springs and The Meadows. They display a good amount of products from several parts of South Africa, Australia and UK.
- Choithram: Choithram is another well-known supermarket chain in Dubai. You can spot their huge stores in the Greens and Lakes. Their goods are preferred for excellent quality and impressive varieties.
- Uni Mart: This supermarket is located in Dubai Internet City which is also close at hand for the residents in Emirates Hills. Uni Mart are the one-stop destination if you are looking for organic products.
- Milk & Honey Gourmet Grocer: As the name suggests, this is the store that keeps everything ready for you before you try gourmet cooking at home. Located at The Meadows Souk, this grocery store is best known for its uncompromised product quality. You can also visit their branch at Carrefour Market in The Springs Souk.
- West Zone Fresh Supermarket in JLT
- Al Maya Supermarket
If it’s about the neighbourhood, then the Emirates Hills sits tight right at the centre of the best neighbourhoods in Dubai. The Lakes, a celebrated community, is located to the North-East.
Emirates Hills is lined by more than 600 detached villas available in 12 different sizes ranging from 2,100 square feet to 3,100 square feet. These villas encompass private swimming pools, children’s play areas, BBQ areas and artificial lakes.
Just like Emirates Hills, The Springs is a gated community sitting close to it. The Springs takes you away instantly from the madness of the city with its calming and soothing environment.
Then comes Jumeirah Islands, the most famous residential area in Dubai. This island is just a few minutes away from Emirates Hills. Residents of the Emirates Hills can enjoy quick and fast access to Sheikh Zayed Road. This highway actually connects Emirates Hills to Dubai Media City, Jumeirah Islands, Dubai Marina and other parts of the city too.
Emirates Hills lacks a proper community shopping mall till this date but residents can explore the shopping scene with The Spring Souk and The Meadows Souk. These two town centres sit pretty close to the locality of Emirates Hills.
- The Meadows Souk: At this souk, one can avail of several dining options along with a humongous supermarket. This place is also great for shoppers looking for self-pampering as it houses numerous beauty salons. The Meadows Souk also comes with a world-class fitness centre.
- The Spring Souk: Compared to The Meadows Souk, The Spring Souk is much closer to the Emirates Hills. This is a perfect leisure destination with more than 100 swanky retail stores and restaurants. Reel Cinemas are right here at The Spring Souk to offer a thrilling cinematic experience. This retail marketplace has 600+ parking slots so that you never any issue parking your vehicle.
- Dubai Marina Mall: From Emirates Hills, you can access one of the most famous malls in Dubai, the Dubai Marina Mall via Sheikh Zayed Road. It’s just a drive of 10 minutes from Emirates Hills. Dubai Marina Mall gives you the typical feel of Dubai’s fascination with shopping and entertainment options.
A large number of restaurants are there at the Emirates Hills and most of them are meant for a fine-dining experience. The most popular ones include:
- Nineteen: This renovated dining spot is best known for its Mediterranean cuisine
- Links: This is a family bistro that often hosts theme nights and serves a la carte menu
- Monty’s: They serve the best American cuisine in the town
For more of a casual dining spots, you can visit the followings:
- Russo’s New York Pizzeria
- The Coffee Club
- Shakespeare and Co.
Hotels in Emirates Hills
To match the standards of luxury living at the Emirates Hills, a number of world-class hotels have been erected here. Here are the best ones:
- Address Montgomerie (room rent starts from AED 375 per night): This 5-star hotel is surely the ultimate destination for a royal stay in Emirates Hills. This hotel features a splendid 18-hole golf course, a spa and a state-of-the-art fitness centre. There are three restaurants in the hotel to take care of your tastebuds. The Address offers VIP suits which are just perfect for business tourists.
- Medlock Villas: Available for short-term and long-term rentals, the Medlock Villas at The Spring is a wonderful place to book a stay with your kids. Featuring sublime pool villas with fantastic amenities, this property is designed to offer luxurious accommodation. Medlock Villas also includes a private outdoor swimming pool. You can choose your stay from three options – Deluxe Villa, Executive Villa and Premium Villa.
- One Perfect Stay – Jumeirah Heights: This is another wonderful place to book an accommodation amidst outdoor pool and patio gardens. Located at a distance of only 5 kilometres from The Walk at JBR, this place offers excellent views with unmatched ambience. The apartment features 4 bedrooms, one fully equipped kitchen and 4 bathrooms. It also comes with an open terrace.
Beaches Near Emirates Hills
At Emirates Hills, there is no beach but you can visit many popular beaches which are close by. Jumeirah Beach Residence and Marina Beach can be reached within 10-15 minutes by car.
Both these beaches belong to the most popular beaches in Dubai. You can choose from a variety of watersports and fun activities right at these beaches.
You can also explore the Al Sufouh Beach and Jumeirah Public Beach from the Emirates Hills. Enjoying a typical beach vacation is therefore an added attraction of choosing Emirates Hills as your residence.
Popular Landmarks in Emirates Hills
The whole community of Emirates Hills is dotted with spectacular villas and perfectly manicured lawns surrounding them. Although it’s really hard to take your eyes off Emirates Hills, we are listing here the most prominent landmarks of the area:
- Montgomerie Golf Club Dubai: This is one of the most prestigious golf clubs in Dubai as well as in the UAE. Securing a membership at this golf club is itself an elevating experience. The golf course here showcases gorgeous fairways with massive landing areas. This setup actually interests the player to play a good hand.
- The Beach Mall: Heading for the Beach Mall can be very rewarding particularly when you have kids in the family. The authority has put extraordinary effort into making this place loaded with various water sports activities right at the beach. The Beach Mall houses Roxy Cinema to enjoy the latest blockbusters. You can also enter any of its fine dining restaurants to have a blissful platter and captivating views of the sea.
Parks and Playgrounds
The Emirates Hills is a master-planned community that promises luxurious living. This locality understands that well-being comes with judicious utilization of greenery. That actually inspire the Emaar Group to make room for family-centric parks and playgrounds at Emirates Hills. Surprisingly, public parks here are mostly pet-friendly. Yes, you can now take a stroll at the park with your furry friend while your kids can play around.
Nestle Purina PetCare has recently opened a pet park and playground in Juniper Vida Emirates Hills Hotel. This place is so apt for a fun-filled evening.
Other than playing golf at Montgomerie Golf Club, you can also head for the Emirates Hills Clubhouse for some serious calorie burning sessions. Clubhouse is not the only gym facility available in Emirates Hills community. Others are:
- Fitness Zone
- Elevation Fitness JLT
- Vogue Fitness JLT
Spas and Salons
Emirate Hills is a coveted community in Dubai and therefore it has been designed in a way to meet the requirements of urban living. To pamper yourself you have the following spas and salons in the area.
- The Nail Spa (TNS)
- La Femme Beauty Salon
- SensAsia Urban Spa
- Avant Garde Gents Salon
- Sharp Gents Salon
- Natural Spa
Public Transportation Facilities
The up-scale community of the Emirates Hills doesn’t rely too much on public transport facility but still, you can avail a cheap and comfortable one if you wish to. Those interested in public transport system in Emirates Hills have the Dubai Marina Metro Station. This station is only a 10-minute car ride from Emirates Hills.
Being a gated community, Emirates Hills doesn’t have any bus stop within its periphery. For public bus terminals, you can find some in Jumeirah Lakes Towers (JLT) and near the entrance of The Lakes. Both the places are easily accessible from Emirates Hills.
Another great way to roam around the area is by hiring a taxi. To avail the taxi services, we will recommend you to install mobile apps like Careem or Uber for hassle-free rides.
The Emirates Hills allows you to access most part of Dubai via Sheikh Zayed Road E11. This is a wonderful highway that allows you to cover several miles in just a few minutes.
No urban community can be called a great residential area if it lacks proper parking spaces. Emirates Hills offers plenty of parking places for the residents. Every villa from this gated community comes with at least 2 dedicated parking spaces. The size of the parking spot depends on the size of the property. Some villas in the Emirates Hills even features underground parking facilities. Thanks to well-planned parking facilities, visitors don’t face any problem in parking their cars at Emirates Hills.
Properties in Emirates Hills
Since its establishment in 2003, Emirates Hills has earned the fame of the home to rich families and even celebrities. This spectacular community is dotted with beautiful villas and a number of commercial plots. Emirates Hills includes individual residential clusters named as Sector A, Sector B Sector E etc. The most prominent sub-communities in Emirates Hills are:
- Montgomerie Villas: This is a limited collection of 19 sprawling villas offering captivating views of the Montgomerie Golf course. Each villa is coupled with a private swimming pool, spacious front yard, balconies, landscaped garden, parking space and maid’s room. Owners of these villas are provided with access to the Montgomerie Golf Clubhouse and spa facilities.
- Montgomerie Maisonettes: Homes of this particular property show a strong Arabian influence that reflects the country’s heritage and culture. A mild touch of oriental architecture makes these villas even more attractive. Owners can access the golf course and spa facilities at Montgomerie Golf Club.
- Dyaar Al Hambra: Modern homes of Dyaar Al Hambra is known for their sweeping views of the green landscapes and community lakes. All homes are ultra-luxe villas with 1 or 2 parking spaces, a private swimming pool, garden, storage area and maid’s room.
- Signature Villas: These villas are the perfect specimens of modern and contemporary Arabian architecture. Each villa features private swimming pool, vast lawn garden, parking space and other amenities.
How Much Does it Cost to Live in Emirates Hills?
Living at Emirates Hills doesn’t come cheap. Only high-end income groups can afford buying a property at this gated community. No wonder why you can’t spot many of middle-class families in the area.
You can either own a house at Emirates Hills or can take one on rent depending on your accommodation requirement. For a better understanding of the recent rental costs and selling prices in Emirates Hills, see the table below:
|Villa Type||Average Rental Price (Yearly)|
|Villa Type||Average Sale Price|
Reasons to live in Emirates Hills
Sitting next to The Springs and the iconic Jumeirah Islands, Emirates Hills is a stunning and gorgeous community. In spite of offering matchless urban facilities, this gated community emphasises on allowing its residents to live a peaceful and secure life away from the busy crowds of Dubai. Let’s explore why one should seek a home in Emirates Hills.
- A gated community in Dubai which is a part of the prestigious Emirates Living Project
- Emirates Hills is a typical villa community which means you can actually have your own home and can live at your own terms
- The area is less populated compared to Dubai and perfect for peace-loving and private people
- This family-oriented community have many parks and dedicated play area for kids
- Emirates Hills has been designed with enough doses of greenery
- A selection of fitness centres and gyms has been set up to fulfil your dream of pursuing a healthy and active lifestyle. All these can be accessed by a short drive.
- Medical facilities in and around the Emirates Hills is excellent and follows global standards
- Various community facilities including parking spaces, pools and BBQ areas to match the standards of urban living
- A wide variety of dining, shopping and entertainment options can be found in the neighbouring communities
- The whole area is secured with proper digital surveillance
- Golf enthusiasts can play their best shots at the Montgomerie Golf Club Dubai
- Its convenient location connects the area to other hotspots in Dubai via Sheikh Zayed Road
- Owning a property at Emirates Hills is actually a great way to secure better financial return in future
Things to do in and Around Emirates Hills
This up market community of Emirates Hills is enough to keep you lured fir a long time, but if you are looking for something more, then here are some of the most favourite tourist attractions in and around the area. If you have a visitor at your place, then don’t forget to take them on a overwhelming trip to some of the most famous tourist attractions in Dubai.
1. Spend the Day at Dubai Marina Walk
Drive along the Yasmin 4 street for 8 kilometres and you will find yourself at the dazzling lanes of Dubai Marina Walk. Many people find it difficult to choose what to do as there is plenty going on here. Dubai Marina Walk is home to more than 300 outlets and 69 restaurants. In fact, the 7 kilometre stretch of pedestrian walkway itself is a miraculous way to spend the whole day with loads of fun and thrill.
2. Golfing at Montgomerie Golf Club
Dubai is certainly a ‘Golfing Paradise’ with its awe-inspiring golf courses. When you love playing golfing with grandeur, Montgomerie Golf Club is the right place to head for. This 18-hole golf course with its lavish fairways is going to exceed more than your expectations from a world-class golfing club. This is undoubtedly the star attraction of Emirates Hills.
3. Soaking up sun at JBR Beach
When you are in Emirates Hills, it is impossible to deny the songs of the sea playing around you. The best beach destination near Emirates Hills is the JBR public beach. This buzzing beachfront is about 10 kilometres far from Emirates Hills and can be covered with a 10-minute car ride. There is so much to do at JBR beach that you may find it hard to choose the best ones. You can have a rewarding day-out with kids and family as the beach offers wakeboarding, parasailing, camel rides, banana boating and more.
Q. How far is Emirates Hills from JBR?
Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) is just 10 kilometres away from Emirates Hills. You can reach JBR in 15 minutes via Sheikh Zayed Road E11 or in 18 minutes via Yasmin 4 Street.
Q. How Far to Dubai Marina?
Distance between the Emirates Hills and Dubai Marina is only 10 kilometres via Sheikh Zayed Road. You can also take King Salman Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Street to reduce the distance to 7.5 kilometres.
Q. How Far to Downtown Dubai?
The shortest distance to Downtown Dubai from Emirates Hills is 25 kilometres via Sheikh Zayed Road E11. Taking E44 highway will add another 1 or 2 kilometres to the distance.
Q. Which is the closest beach to Emirates Hills?
JBR Beach is the closest to Emirates Hills. It’s about 10 kilometres away.
Q. Is Emirates Hills noisy?
Emirates Hills is not at all noisy. On the contrary, this gated community is favoured by people for its quiet and serene environment. It is very rare here to receive loud noise. The only occasional noise that you can hear is either the roar of supercar’s engines or sound of some heavy tools used in construction.
Emirates Hills is one of the most coveted communities in Dubai. The beauty and vibe of this area are truly global. Hopefully, you enjoyed our article and got some valuable information on Emirates Hills and everything about it.