Whether you’re living in Dubai, moving to Dubai, or travelling; our area guides have everything covered from House Prices to Tourist Attractions. Here we take a look at Al Barsha 1 to present you with a full comprehensive area guide.
Where is Al Barsha 1 in Dubai?
Al Barsha 1 is located in between Al Khali Road and Sheikh Zayed Road, not far from Palm Jumeirah. If you are looking for somewhere to live with fantastic transport links, which is just within distance of Dubai’s main tourist area’s as well as the city then Al Barsha 1 is worth exploring. Al Barsha 1 gives its residents the best of both worlds. What’s more, if you look closely on the map below, you can see it is also home to The Mall of the Emirates.
Local Amenities in Al Barsha 1
Locality of Al Barsha 1 is lined with essential amenities. To have a smooth life and desired lifestyle, this area comes with the following amenities.
Schools and Colleges
There are a few good options for pre-schoolers at Al Barsha 1:
Al Barsha 1 community is a favourite among families which are looking to send their kids to reputable educational institutes. Major schools in Al Barsha 1 are:
- Dubai National School (follows American curriculum)
- GEMS Dubai American Academy (follows American curriculum)
- Al Arqam Private School (follows Ministry of Education’s curriculum)
- American School of Dubai (follows American curriculum)
- Dubai International Academy (follows International Baccalaureate curriculum)
Al Barsha 1 also offers residents to fulfil special needs of their children when it comes to education. Within close vicinity of this locality, Safe Centre for Autism and Asperger’s Syndrome caters the educational needs of differently abled kids. Young Scientists Centre is designed to inspire young minds to become the scientists of tomorrow. Happy Mandarin Chinese Language Institute and Polyskills Institute are the two prominent language schools in the area.
Right now, there is no provision for students willing to attend universities in Al Barsha 1 locality. But they can pursue their higher education by attending Oracle University on Sheikh Zayed Road or the University of Wollongong (UOWD) in Dubai Knowledge Park.
Hospitals and Clinics
In Al Barsha 1 area, Al Zahra Hospital Dubai is the only hospital. There is another hospital, the Saudi German Dubai Hospital, in Al Barsha 3 which is just opposite Al Barsha 1.
Al Barsha 1 locality offers several specialized clinics with all sorts of world-class diagnosis facilities. These are:
- Houston Clinic
- Aster Clinic
- TruCare Clinics
- SoloMed Polyclinic
Mosques and Places of Worship
You can find a variety of community mosques in Al Barsha 1 at short intervals. Major community mosques from the locality include:
- Shareefa Al Attar Mosque
- Fatemah Marzouq Al Rashdan Mosque
- Al Barsha Mosque
- Fatima Abdullah Mohammed Rasheed Mosque
Apart from these mosques, several buildings of the area have been dedicated to religious purpose and they serve as prayer halls.
As Al Barsha 1 is inhabited by people of different ethnicity, culture and religious backgrounds – the locality understands the need of establishing other types of places for worship. Presently Al Barsha 1 features one church, the Emirates Baptist Church. The locality lacks any Hindu temple or gurudwara but Shiva Temple from the Za’abeel community is just an 18-minute drive from Al Barsha 1 and can serve the purpose of puja perfectly.
If you go a little further to Bur Dubai, there are many options including the Shiva Temple, Shree Krishna Haveli, Sindhi Gurdarbar and Sikh Gurudwara. All of them are in Al Fahidi district which is about a 30-minute drive from Al Barsha 1. There is another gurudwara, the Guru Nanak Darbar at Jebel Ali Village and can be reached within 17 minutes from Al Barsha 1 locality.
Locality of Al Barsha 1 is dotted with a mix of popular supermarket chains and local corner shops. Therefore, finding your daily essentials is not at all troublesome. Let’s take a look at these supermarkets below:
- Carrefour Hypermarket (in the Mall of the Emirates)
- LuLu Hypermarket (next to the Mall of the Emirates)
- Grandiose Supermarket
- VIVA Supermarket
- Al Barsha Madina Supermarket
- Al Rayan Supermarket
- Pakistani Moon Supermarket
Here are the following mini-marts to take care of your daily shopping requirements in Al Barsha 1 area:
- West Zone Fresh Supermarket
- Carryfood Minimart
- Sprouts Supermarket
- Care Plus Supermarket
- Sun N Moon Minimart
Apart from the sister sub-communities, the locality of Al Barsha 1 is encircled by a number of well-known residential as well as commercial districts. These are:
- Al Quoz Industrial Area (just next to Al Barsha 1)
- Barsha Heights (next to Al Barsha 1)
- Al Sufouh (lies off the main road and just a 5-minute drive from Al Barsha 1)
- Dubai Internet City (approximately a 12-minute drive from Al Barsha 1)
Al Barsha 1 didn’t forget to develop some fabulous malls in and around the locality so that residents can explore endless shopping options without travelling too far. These are:
- Mall of the Emirates – This is the most popular tourist attraction from Al Barsha 1 area. From groceries to international fashion brands, everything can be found under one roof. This mall is the home to the very famous Ski Dubai which gives you a rare opportunity to meet cute penguins as well as ski. You can also try wall climbing, ziplining and snowboarding.
- Al Barsha Mall – This another spectacular place to shop around and hangout. It will take around 8 minutes in car to reach the mall from Al Barsha 1.
- Dubai Marina Mall – A 10-minute drive from Al Barsha 1 area awaits another stunning shopping centre, the Dubai Marina Mall. This place is very popular particularly with the residential community.
Be it fast-food chains or casual dining restaurants, Al Barsha 1 offers plenty of dining options in the area. Many of the restaurants serve different cuisines at different price points depending on preferences. Here are the most popular restaurants in Al Barsha 1:
- Nom Nom Asia (Thai, Chinese and Asian cuisine)
- Mr. Crab (seafood tems)
- Spinzer (Indian and Pakistani cuisine)
- Grillo (serves best grilled items in the locality)
- Foul W Hummus (Lebanese dishes)
For fine-dining restaurants, you have the following at Al Barsha 1:
- Olea (Arabic restaurant inside the Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai)
- The Royal Buddha (Thai restaurant at Holiday Inn Dubai)
- Salero Tapas & Bodega (Spanish restaurant inside Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates Dubai)
- Besh (Turkish restaurant at Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel Dubai
Hotels in Al Barsha 1
When you are looking for hotels in Al Barsha 1, you can find several with lavish suites and world-class dining options. If we start with the luxurious hotels from the locality, the most celebrated ones are as follows:
- Novotel Suites Mall of the Emirates (starting from AED 130 AED per night)– A 3-star hotel in Al Barsha 1 and just 7 minutes of walking to reach the hotel from Sharaf DG Metro Station. All suites in the hotel are equipped with living room, minibar and Wi-Fi connectivity. They also offer rooms for guest in their family suits. Novotel houses a gym, spa and rooftop pool.
- Ibis Al Barsha (room rent starts from AED 125 per night) – Located near the Sharaf DG Metro Station, this 3-star budget hotel is preferred particularly by business travellers. the corporate premium room gives you access to Novotel Al Barsha’s pool and gym.
- Media One Hotel (room rent starts from AED 325 per night) – This is another luxury hotel in Al Barsha 1 from a 4-star category. This high-rise building features contemporary suits with all essential amenities. There is a rooftop bar and Mediterranean restaurant right inside the hotel. It’s just a minute walk from Nakheel Metro Station.
- Sheraton Mall of the Emirates Hotel (starts from 300 AED per night)– This is a 5-star hotel in Al Barsha 1 area. The hotel is connected directly with the Mall of the Emirates and it is only 7 kilometres from Wild Wadi Water Park. This hotel houses modern rooms with custom-made beds, flat-screen televisions, coffee machines and Wi-Fi connectivity. The premise also offers valet parking and shuttle service to beach for the guests.
- Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates (room rent starts from AED 750 per night) – This is one of the most popular hotels in Al Barsha 1 with a 5-star tag. Here you can explore several types of accommodation options including the grand suites and lavish rooms. Aspen Ski Chalet overlooks the spectacular Ski Dubai slopes. The hotel gives guests direct access to Mall of the Emirates too.
- Grand Cosmopolitan Hotel (room rent starts from AED 200) – This is the best hotel to stay with your family as it’s just 5 km away from Mall of the Emirates and Wild Wadi Water Park.
- Citymax Hotel Al Barsha (room rent from approximately AED 125 per night) – This budget hotel is situated behind Mall of the Emirates. From the mall, it will take 15 minutes to reach the hotel if you choose to walk.
Beaches Near Al Barsha 1
There is no sea within the vicinity of Al Barsha 1 but still you can access a few beaches from the locality for a fun-filling family outing or weekend trip. JBR Beach, Jumeirah Public Beach and Al Sufouh Beach are surely the most celebrated beach destinations near Al Barsha 1. All these beaches are particularly known for water sports and beach party facilities.
JBR Beach is about a 12-minute drive from Al Barsha 1 and this beachfront is surrounded by a series of beach resorts and luxury hotels. Both Al Sufouh and Jumeirah Public Beach are 5 – 8 minutes away from Al Barsha 1.
Public Parks and Playgrounds
Al Barsha 1 is a well-planned city district. It understands how important it is for us to maintain not just a good life but healthy life too. Each phase in Al Barsha features a massive community park. The community park of Al Barsha 1 sprawls over a vast area. You and your kids would have more than enough space to run around in the park. Al Barsha Pond Park is also a wonderful place to catch some fresh air and loads of greenery.
Al Barsha 1 has plenty of options when you are looking for fitness centres:
- Fat To Fit Fitness
- Crunch Fitness
- Al Barsha Gym
- Synergy Fitness
Spas and Salons
As we mentioned, the neighbourhood of Al Barsha 1 is quite capable of catering all your urban needs. For some beauty and wellness sessions, you can check out the following outlets:
- The Nail Spa
- Sisters Beauty Lounge
- Lavana Spa Al Barsha
- Pout Salon & Spa
- Super Trim Gents Salon
- Sharp Scissors Gents Spa
Transportation Facilities in Al Barsha 1
Public transportation in Al Barsha 1 comes with two alternatives. The first one is the metro service and second one is the public bus service.
Community of Al Barsha 1 gets served with two metro stations – the Mall of the Emirates Metro Station and Sharaf DG Metro Station.
Public bus services are very regular at Al Barsha 1. You can spot many bus stations in and around your place of residence. Public buses run across Al Barsha 1 and keep every nook and corner well-connected through cheap and reliable transportation. Bus stations in Al Barsha 1 locality include:
- Al Barsha Heights at Saleh Bin Lehaj Building 1
- Al Barsha Heights at Saleh Bin Lehaj Building 2
Al Barsha 1 is very close to two main highways – Al Khail Road and Sheikh Zayed Road. Therefore, it is easier to travel from Al Barsha 1 to other parts of the city. You can also choose to cross several miles in a few minutes via Dubai Metro service in Al Barsha 1.
Parking Spaces in Al Barsha 1
Al Barsha 1 is serious about creating best urban facilities for the residents and that’s why this whole place is dotted with plenty of parking spaces for both the residents and visitors.
The residents in Al Barsha 1 locality are eligible to get covered basement parking area while guests/visitors can park their cars at designated open parking spots on the streets. Villas in Al Barsha 1 feature dedicated parking spots for minimum two cars. So, parking shouldn’t be an issue for anyone here.
Properties in Al Barsha 1
Properties in the Al Barsha 1 locality include wide ranges of villa’s, apartments, service apartments, hotels, offices, townhouses, retail shops and commercial plots. This area is primarily dominated by mid-rise apartment buildings that are preferred for residential and rental purposes.
Some of the most hyped and renowned residential buildings in Al Barsha 1 are:
- AL Murad Tower
- Zee Zee Tower
- Heritage Building
- Palacio Residence
- Barsha Oasis
- Barsha Valley
- Saratoga Complex
- Al Salam Tower
- Dania Building
- Rose Garden Building
How Much Does it Cost to Live in Al Barsha 1
Al Barsha 1 is very much popular among working professionals and in particular expats coming to Dubai for better career opportunities. If you are thinking of living in Al Barsha 1, then renting a villa or apartment is best for you.
Below is the recent trends in property and rental price in the area. You can have a fair understanding from this table how much you would have to bear as a renting cost in Al Barsha 1.
|Property Type||Annual Rental Price (Average)|
|Studio Apartment||34,000 AED|
|1 Bedroom Apartment||49,000 AED|
|2 Bedroom Apartment||66,000 AED|
|3 Bedroom Apartment||95,000 AED|
|3 Bedroom Villa||140,000 AED|
|4 Bedroom Villa||160,000 AED|
|5 Bedroom Villa||170,000 AED|
|6 Bedroom Villa||195,000 AED|
|7 Bedroom Villa||220,000 AED|
Things to do in Al Barsha 1
There is no dearth of tourist attractions in and around Al Barsha 1. These places mostly offer a wholesome entertainment to everyone from your family.
1. Shop Till You Drop at Mall of the Emirates
Dubai is the undisputed reigning king when it comes to global shopping destinations. Al Barsha 1 has also taken deep inspiration from Dubai. The neighbourhood of Al Barsha 1 can be boring when it has the Mall of the Emirates. This fabulous and breathtakingly stunning shopping centre can keep you at your toe for the whole day with its countless attractions. You can literally shop your heart out.
2. Feel the Chill at Ski Dubai
Nestled under the roof of Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai is truly an unforgettable experience for lifetime. Covering a floor space of 22,500 square metres, this indoor ski resort can send a chill through your spine as it maintains a temperature of-1 to 2 degree Celsius. Take a chairlift ride, learn skiing, snowboarding, go for the zipline or meet the cute penguins – Ski Dubai has something for everyone.
3. Watch the World Bloom at Miracle Garden
When you least expect to behold a well-drenched and flourished piece of garden amidst the barren land of Dubai, Miracle Garden is here to captivate your senses with all its ethereal glory. This miniature world of floral wonders spreads across an area of 72,000 square feet and features more than 50 million flowers during full bloom. This beautiful garden is just 6 Km away from Al Barsha 1.
4. Take a Stroll at Al Barsha Pond Park
As a prestigious part of Dubai Pond Project, residents of Al Barsha have been gifted with the Al Barsha Pond Park right at the heart of this stunning locality. Covering a massive area of 52 acres, this perfectly manicured is a man-made wonder. Al Barsha Pond Park is known for its peaceful environment. Joggers and fitness enthusiasts are regular to this park. This place is also a great picnic spot at Al Barsha.
Reasons to Live in Al Barsha 1
Located between Sheikh Zayed Road and Al Khail Road, Al Barsha 1 is a flourishing locality consisting of five sub-communities. This area is still thinly populated compared to any part of Dubai city. It is also pretty accessible for daily commutes to and from Dubai. Below are the main reasons you might choose to live in Al Barsha 1:
- Property types range from decent studio apartments to sprawling villas which means you can find the right home for you and your family without crushing the budget
- The whole area is family-friendly and safe with plenty of lifestyle amenities
- A hoard of schools and institutes from the locality will cater to your kid’s need for world-class education
- The strategic location of Al Barsha 1 between the two major highways and with a metro station
- The locality of Al Barsha 1 allows direct access to the Sheikh Zayed Road E11
- Several shopping malls in the vicinity including the famous Mall of the Emirates
- It’s home to Miracle Garden, Butterfly Garden and Al Barsha Pond Park for a mesmerizing day-out
- It is very much possible to commute daily to and from Dubai to attend your office
Movers and Packers Close to Al Barsha 1
Moving in or out of Al Barsha 1? You can take help of any professional movers & packers in the area. Some of the reputed movers & packers close to Al Barsha 1 are:
- Urban Company
- Partner Movers
- Movers Packers Dubai
- Tawheed House Shifting
Reasons to Visit or Stay in Al Barsha 1
Although Al Barsha 1 doesn’t boast anything like Downtown Dubai or Jumeirah Beach, that may be the reason people love to be here. The local area offers enough with regards to things to do, is close enough to major attractions and the city, but is also quiet enough for a nice family life. In our eyes, it’s the perfect area.
Here are some more reasons why you should visit or stay at Al Barsha 1:
- Al Barsha 1 is majorly inhabited by expats working in Dubai. This is the reason Al Barsha 1 has emerged as a melting-pot of culture and custom.
- If you are not a fan of overly crowded places, then Al Barsha 1 will make you more than happy with its thin population compared to Central Dubai.
- The whole Al Barsha community is safe and secure for living with families.
- Rental costs at Al Barsha 1 are a lot cheaper than most other areas in Dubai. Finding decent accommodation within your budget shouldn’t be a problem.
- Travelling to and from Dubai is very much a feasible option at Al Brasha 1. It is very common for working people to commute daily into Dubai to attend office.
- Starting from Mall of the Emirates to Ski Dubai, there is a number of impressive tourist places in and around Al Barsha 1.
FAQs About Al Barsha 1
How Far is Al Barsha 1 to Dubai Mall?
Distance of Dubai Mall from Al Barsha 1 is about 16 kilometres via Sheikh Zayed Road E11. You can cover this distance in just 15 minutes on a car.
What Does Al Barsha Mean?
If you take the literal meaning, then ‘Al Barsha’ means ‘plentiful’ in Arabic. This locality has been given this particular name because of the large number of trees all across the area.
Is Al Barsha a City?
Al Barsha is not a typical city but it is more of a collection of communities. This is a residential district developed to cater the ever-growing demand of residential apartments and buildings within everyone’s affordability.
How Far is Al Barsha to Jumeirah?
Al Barsha 1 is just 3 kilometres from the Jumeirah area.
What Companies are Based in Al Barsha 1?
Major companies based at Al Barsha are:
- Chalhoub Group
- Landmark Group
- Fatin Home Furniture LLC
- Wllfix General Trading LLc
- Royal Park Real Estate
- U+A Consultants
- Sweet Surprises LLC
- Presotto Middle East
- Limah Design Services
- Basic System Facility Supplies LLC
- Outdoor UAE
- Jashanmal National Company LLC
- Starts Line Electrical Equipment Trading
- Drift Car Rental
- MR Skips Waste Services
- Life Health Care Group
- Symmetry Gym
- Fresh Spritz LLC
How Far is Al Barsha 1 from Dubai Airport?
Al Barsha 1 is about 25 kilometres far from Dubai International Airport via Sheikh Zayed Road E11.
What is the Zip Code of Al Barsha 1?
Zip code number of Al Barsha 1 is 122002.
Hopefully you enjoyed reading our area guide on Al Barsha 1. We tried our best to offer you an insight and useful guide on everything we were looking for. Al Barsha 1 is certainly the most flourishing and beautiful residential district close to Dubai and if you are planning to move in, we are sure you won’t regret it!
For everything Dubai & Abu Dhabi make sure you head back to the main site to read our other articles. Also make sure to follow us on Pinterest and Subscribe on Youtube too!