Dubai is a city that never ceases to surprise and never stops growing. Thanks to its enticing tourist attractions, thousands of travellers visit this glamorous city all over the globe. Your dream to fly to the “City of Gold” requires a few small checks and your UAE Tourist Visa is one of them.
In order to spare you from wasting too much time doing your part of research, we are giving you a complete guide on Dubai Tourist Visa along with the best possible answers to all your questions related to it.
Do You Need a Visa/Entry Permit to Enter UAE/Dubai?
The citizens of GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) don’t need a visa to enter the territory of the UAE including Dubai. They just have to produce their GCC country passport or national identity card at the point of entry into the UAE.
A few other nationalities can also enjoy the privilege of obtaining a “visa on arrival” while others must apply for a visa prior to their Dubai visit.
People who are sponsored by a national or resident of the UAE also don’t need a visa to enter UAE.
How to Apply for UAE Tourist Visa via Emirates Airline?
There are several options to apply for a tourist visa in the UAE but the online mode is the simplest and hassle-free too. If you are flying with Emirates Airline, then you can apply for your tourist visa right after booking your ticket.
The process involves 4 simple steps –
- Book your ticket with Emirates. Once you have a valid PNR number, log into www.emirates.com. Enter your booking details in the specified spaces and click on the ‘Retrieve Booking’ button.
- Now you will see a tab named ‘Apply for a UAE visa’ option. Press that section. You can find it under the Additional Services Section.
- Read the notice that pops up on your screen and then click the ‘Continue to Visa Application’ button to proceed with the online visa application process.
For more additional and useful information about UAE tourist visas, we would suggest you visit the Emirates Site.
Airways That Offer UAE Tourist Visa eServices on Their Online Portals
- Emirates Airline tourist visa service
- Etihad Airways tourist visa service
- Fly Dubai Tourist visa portal
- Air Arabia tourist visa service
Applying for UAE Tourist Visa Online via Mobile App/Computer
You can now apply for your Dubai tourist visa using their new and advanced platform – DVPC
You have to enter your email ID to login to this platform via your mobile or computer. You can also create an account to store your personal information for future usage. This actually saves a lot of time but it’s your choice whether to save the info or not.
What Are the Types of Dubai Tourist Visa?
There are 6 types of tourist visas that UAE sanctions. They are as follows:
- 48 Hours Tourist Visa (validity 14 days, duration 48 hours)
- 96 Hours Transit Visa Single Entry (validity 14 days, duration 4 days)
- 30 Days Single Entry Tourist Visa (validity 60 days, duration 30 days)
- 30 Days Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (validity 60 days, duration 30 days starting from the date of entry)
- 90 Days Long Term Tourist Visa Single Entry (validity 60 days, duration 90 days)
- 90 Days Long Term Tourist Visa Multiple Entry (validity 60 days, duration 90 days starting from the date of first entry)
Note: The UAE Tourist Visas can be extended for a maximum of 30 days twice without any need to leave the country.
The Cost of a UAE Tourist Visa
Different tourist visas come with different price tags. Take a look at the table to understand how much you need to spend to secure any particular UAE tourist visa.
|Visa Type||Approximate Rate Including VAT||Extensions|
|30 Days Single Entry Tourist Visa||USD 90||Extendable USD 230|
|30 Days Multiple Entry Tourist Visa||USD 175||Extendable USD 230|
|90 Days Single Entry Tourist Visa||USD 190||Extendable USD 230|
|90 Days Multiple Entry Tourist Visa||USD 460||Extendable USD 230|
UAE Tourist Visa Requirements
Before applying for a UAE tourist visa, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Completed application form
- 6x6cm photograph in colour (minimum of 600×600 pixels) with a white background (your face should be properly visible)
- Colour photocopy of your passport reflecting your full name, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, passport number, date of issue and expiry, name of father/legal guardian and name of your mother.
- Your passport must be valid for at least the next six months at the time of your travel
- Visa fees must be paid upon application
- Confirmed flight tickets to UAE
- Documents submitted online must be in JPEG format and not more than 1 MB size
- For children, parents have to produce a birth certificate in English or Arabic. Translated documents must be attested on the front page.
- Dependents (children below 18 years, parents above 60 years, spouse) have to submit supporting documents like birth certificates or marriage certificates to prove the status of their relationship.
- Minors (under 18 years age) require a photo ID of parents or husband, copy of one of the parents’ tourist visa
- Females under the age of 18 or students must be accompanied by their parents during the travel
Are All Eligible for a Dubai Tourist Visa?
The UAE issues tourist visas to all eligible individual tourists across the world. But it doesn’t provide a tourist visa to a female below the age of 18 unless she is accompanied by her parents.
According to a cabinet resolution passed in July 2018, children below the age of 18 who are travelling with adults are eligible to get a free visa for their visit to Dubai or anywhere in the UAE from 15th July to 15th September every year.
Is There Any Age Criteria for UAE Visa Application?
No, there isn’t an age criteria to apply for Dubai Tourist Visa but it is advisable for Females below 25 years of age and males below 21 years of age to apply for a Dubai tourist visa along with their father, mother or husband to minimize the possibilities of rejection.
How Long Will It Take to Process My UAE Tourist Visa?
Your UAE Tourist Visa application would usually take 5-7 working days from the date of submission to be processed. An express visa takes minimum one working day to be processed. All the required documents must be provided correctly to minimize the processing time.
Is UAE Tourist Visa Extendable?
Yes. All types of UAE Tourist Visas can be extended twice for 30 days on each occasion, after your entry to the UAE. The extension comes with a specific additional charge.
How to Know Why My Visa Application Was Rejected?
The UAE immigration authorities do not reveal the reasons for their refusal of a visa. So, all you can do is apply again.
Can I Apply for a UAE Tourist Visa Offline?
Yes, you can. You can visit a licensed travel agent or a licensed hotel in the UAE to arrange for a tourist visa. Keep in mind that UAE embassies do not entertain tourist visa applications. You can also get in touch with one of the UAE-based airlines who can apply for a tourist visa on your behalf.
Can I Travel to Other Places within UAE with a Dubai Tourist Visa?
Yes, you can. Because a Dubai tourist visa is nothing but a UAE tourist visa allowing you to visit any part of the country.
What Airports Can I Fly in to/out of the UAE?
You can arrive or depart from any airport in UAE with a UAE tourist Visa.
Who Needs “Ok To Board” Approval?
Indian, Nepalese and Srilankan citizens need “Ok To Board” (OTB) approval while travelling to the UAE. Travellers with an ECR (Emigration Check Required) passport need OTB approval from the airline. Some airlines even ask an OTB approval for ECNR (Emigration Check Not Required) passport holders depending on the departure hub.
Is Ticket Booking Mandatory before Applying for Dubai Tourist Visa?
No, it is not mandatory.
How Do I Receive My UAE Tourist Visa?
UAE tourist visa comes in the form of an E-Visa and it will be emailed to your registered email ID by the issuing authority.
Can I Work in UAE on a Tourist Visa?
No. You are not allowed to work in the UAE while travelling on a tourist visa. You should apply for a work visa if you are interested to do a job in the UAE.
Is COVID-19 PCR Test Mandatory to Travel to Dubai?
No, it is not. But from 26 February 2022, passengers travelling to Dubai from all countries (GCC included) must fulfill at least one of the following conditions:
- Presenting a valid vaccination certificate(s) reflecting that the passenger is fully vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the WHO or the United Arab Emirates (UAE) along with a QR code
- Presenting a valid negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate issued within 48 hours from the time of sample collection to the time of boarding the flight. The certificate must be issued by an approved health service provider with a QR code
- Presenting a valid medical certificate issued by the relevant authorities that the passenger has recovered from COVID‑19 within 1 month from the date of recovery to the date of arrival
Securing a UAE tourist visa is quick and straight-forward when you follow the right route. We have crafted this article so that you know how and when to proceed with your Dubai tourist visa application. Hopefully, it will be of great help when you keep our handy tips in mind while applying for a UAE tourist visa.